Are you tired of drinking bland and bitter green tea in an effort to experience all of the benefits that the tea has to offer? You’re certainly not alone, but there are plenty of green tea blends that might appease your palate, one of which being the Tazo Zen Green Tea. As a brand of teas developed by Starbucks, you’ll appreciate the vibrant flavors that will envelop your mouth with every sip.
As one of their most popular flavors, consider the benefits, disadvantages, and features of the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups.
Features of Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups
- Combines spearmint, lemon, and full-leaf green tea flavors
- Pan-fired Chinese whole leaf green tea
- Keurig Brewed
- Used for both cold and hot brewing
- Easy to brew single cups of tea with the K-Cups: When it comes to convenience, this tea is surely easy perfect to enjoy during the morning, afternoon, or in the evening after dinner. The easy to use K-Cups can be placed inside of your Keurig brewer, and after a push of a button, you have a steaming cup of tea waiting for you. This is much simpler when compared to brewing a pot of tea with a traditional kettle.
- Mild and refreshing flavors: One of the most notable advantages of the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups is they have a mild yet refreshing flavor which can be a great change of pace from traditional tea brands. You’ll be able to notice mint, lemongrass, and green tea every time you take a sip.
- Useful for antioxidant boosting properties: Due to the fact that this particular type of green tea is derived from whole green tea leaves, you’re going to experience the true amount of antioxidant boosting properties traditional tea has to offer. You’ll begin to notice signs of healthier digestion, and it is a relieving beverage to enjoy when dealing with a sinus infection or cold.
- Does not have the traditional bitter tea flavoring: If there’s one thing many people will appreciate about the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups, it’s that they do not have the same bitter flavoring of regular green tea. As this is one of the main reasons as to why people opt for green tea supplements instead, you can finally enjoy your daily dose of caffeine, catechins, and EGCG.
- Mint flavoring overwhelms other flavors: If you have a particularly sensitive palate, one of the disadvantages of the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups is its overwhelming mint flavor. Although this may make the tea refreshing to some, it can take away from the citrus notes in the flavor, forcing it to taste more like mint tea than an invigorating green tea.
- Keurig brewing may limit the true flavors of the tea: When it comes to using the Keurig, older models have the tendency to brew the water far too hot for beverages such as tea and hot cocoa. This can lead to the tea leaves burning as they are steeped in hot water and destroy the true flavors of the tea.
- Combines spearmint, lemon, and full-leaf green tea flavors: With the combination of lemongrass, spearmint, and lemon verbena leaves, this tea blend offers a calming and soothing sensation with a mild and refreshing taste.
- Keurig brewed: For added convenience, all you have to do is pop one of the K-Cups into your Keurig brewer and allow the machine to create a hot cup of tea within a matter of minutes.
- Used for both cold and hot brewing: Unlike many other types of green tea, the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups can be used for cold and hot brewing without compromising its flavor.
- Pan-fried Chinese whole leaf green tea: In comparison to traditional tea bags that use “fannings” (small pieces of tea dust), whole leaf tea helps to hold in more flavor. This helps to make the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups far more flavorful and enjoyable. Also, whole leaf tea retains more healthy properties than fannings, which helps to add to the healthy nature of the tea.
In order to ensure you’re buying the right green tea not only for flavor but for health as well, it’s important to compare different brands to each other to make the perfect decision. When compared to another popular brand, Twinings, the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups blend surely outperforms in flavor, convenience, and health benefits.
- Flavor: Unless you’re the type of person that enjoys bitter green tea, Tazo Zen offers a blend of unique ingredients designed to make your tea pleasurable, soothing, and more appealing than ever before. The combination of mint and citrus combats against the bitterness of traditional green teas.
- Convenience: The Twinings Green Tea comes in K-Cup format as well, but in order to make it the way that you like it, you might find yourself reaching for sugar and milk. However, the Tazo Zen tea is phenomenal for adding the perfect amount of sweetness and subtle flavoring without any artificial sweeteners and additives.
- Health Benefits: Above all else, considering the Tazo Zen Green Tea K-Cups have lemongrass, lemon verbena leaves, and green tea, and you’re surely going to experience more health benefits than with a traditional whole leaf tea. Lemon is great for removing toxins from your body and promoting the healthy growth of hair, skin, and nails thanks to Vitamin C. In addition, the fat burning and energy boosting properties of green tea help to make this blend a well-rounded formula to make you healthier and happier after a few cups.
At the end of the day, there are plenty of people who believe that a cup of tea is just a cup of tea, but they haven’t had the ability to try the Tazo brand, which offers far more benefits than a traditional blend. With their unique combination of flavors, it’s not only a warm beverage that you can have in the morning to wake you up, but it’s something delicious that you will start looking forward to. With its unique combination of flavors and its warm and inviting smell, it will invigorate your senses with every sip. In addition, its minty aftertaste is phenomenal for soothing your throat and sinuses while dealing with an illness helping to make it one of the best green tea varieties on the market.