Unsweetened matcha powder has a bad reputation for being so bitter and grainy that not a lot of people opt for this matcha powder option. The thing that people do not realize is that the bitterer your matcha powder is, the more efficient its health benefits are.
The uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder claims to be that potent kind of matcha, but at the same time, it claims to give your taste buds a pleasant experience.
We are sure that if what the uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder is saying proves to be true, all matcha powder addicts will just keep on purchasing this product since what more can you ask for? A cup of beverage that has caffeine and is packed with antioxidants—sign us up.
In this article, we are going to review the uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder. We are going to determine whether this unsweetened matcha powder can pass the taste test.
We are also going to list down any unique features that it has that will contribute to its good taste, if ever there is any. Lastly, we are going to know if this matcha powder is really one of a kind.
Read on to find out more information.
Features of uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder
As far as packaging goes, this green tea powder comes in a plastic pack that is resealable. Its total weight is four ounces.
- This pack was created from the youngest leaves that came from the best parts of the plant.
- It is purely organic and does not contain any sweeteners.
- No food coloring was added to have that bright green color.
- It contains L-Theanine that will provide a boost of energy for up to six hours.
- It contains caffeine much like coffee, but in matcha, there is an alkalizing effect that happens inside the stomach which is gentler compared to coffee. This helps with healing, cleansing, and digestion.
- It can also regulate your body’s bowel movement.
- It has Epigallocatechin Gallate (EGCg) that is 60%. This helps to lower your cholesterol levels.
- It has anti-aging properties in it since it is packed with antioxidants.
- It can also produce a relaxing and focusing effect.
- It has a fresh smell and tastes naturally sweet.
- You can add cream or sugar to it to make the taste smoother.
- This can be used for baking, smoothies, lattes, or on its own.
- It comes with a recipe book that has 50 recipes.
- It helps in detoxifying and cleansing your body.
- It has the right amount of caffeine kick that will give you that jolt of energy.
- You will not suffer any caffeine crashes as it regulates your energy for the entire day.
- This smells really good. The mere smell of it will rejuvenate you.
- It helps with your focus and concentration.
- It has a smooth taste, even on its own.
- It is finely milled. You will not see any residue at the bottom of your cup.
- It is a great addition to your baked goods since it does not have a bitter aftertaste.
- This contains tannin, so if you are allergic to it better steer clear away from this powder.
- Those who will purchase this purely for weight loss will be disappointed. This can only regulate your bowel movements, but it is not an active fat burner.
- The resealable flaps of the pack are not that secure, the powder might slip out.
- If you consume a lot of this, it might upset your stomach since it is pure green tea powder.
Summary of the Features
The uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder is an unsweetened organic pure green tea powder. It can be used for smoothies, lattes, baking, cooking, and on its own. It has that rich and distinct raw flavor of green tea that not a lot of people will like.
Although being unsweetened, its taste can still be considered as smoother compared to other unsweetened matcha powders. You can also customize its taste to your liking by adding sugar or creamer.
This can be used as an alternative to coffee since it gives you your caffeine fix, but at the same time, you will not suffer any caffeine crashes. It is also useful for your digestive system as it can regulate your bowel movements.
It increases your overall wellness as the powder is packed with nutrients and antioxidants that will help you to focus and relax more. The smell of the powder itself will have a calming effect on your body.
Comparison with the Healing Butterfly Vanilla Green Tea Matcha Powder
Both matcha powders are organic and pure. However, they differ in taste and consistency. For the Healing Butterfly Vanilla Green Tea Matcha Powder, it has a thinner liquid consistency than the usual thick matcha drink. This might be due to the fact that it has vanilla mixed in it.
The uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder, on the other hand, still has that smooth matcha taste even without the use of vanilla. This powder might also be purer than the Healing Butterfly Vanilla Green Tea Matcha Powder as you are assured that you are getting 100% green tea powder.
You might not also enjoy all the effects of green tea when it is already mixed with vanilla properties as you do not know if those nutrients or acids will react with each other. Better stick to one element such as pure green tea to really get the health benefits, which is the case with uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder.
The uVernal Organic Matcha Tea Powder is a good option for unsweetened matcha powder. It does have a smoother taste than other unsweetened powder products in the market but bear in mind that this is still pure green tea, so it is also slightly bitter. This bitterness is definitely an acquired taste.
If you are a person who wants to have that strong flavor of green tea in your baked goods or beverages, then this powder will be perfect for you. It also has that bright green color that will look good on patisserie.